Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter From a Different View

Tomorrow millions will celebrate Resurrection Day.
I along with them; for it is the greatest day in the history of the world.

Therefore, given the time of year, I have republished the following blog from a time past.
It is one of my favorites. Enjoy.
And, Happy Easter.


Over the years I have read many, many books. A long time ago, a person gave me an idea that has led to this post. I don't remember the author nor the book; but I do remember the idea. 
And while the idea is another's, the thought behind the print is my own.
This is Easter...from a slightly different point of view.


Room full
Disciples present - I am the greatest.
Towel. Basin.
 Feet washed - perfect humility.

Table set. All there. 
Judas dipped. John leaned. 
All wondered - Is it I?

Judas gone. 

This is my Body - Broken.
This is my Blood - Shed.
For you - New Covenant.

Mount Olives. Garden Grove - Ancient Gethsemane.
Sleepy Disciples. 
Torches. 
Company. 

Friend
Kiss.
Betrayal.

Seizing. Slicing. Healing.

Led Away - Peter followed.

Courtyard. Trial. High Priest.
Blasphemy

I don't know the man. 
Cock. Crowed. Thrice.
Eye Contact.

Peter Wept.

Innocent Blood - Betrayed.
Silver Pieces - Scattered.
Temple. Potter's Field.
Judas Hanged.

Romans. Pilate. No Fault.
What is Truth?

Scourged. 
Barabbas offered. 
Accepted. 
Hands Washed.

Crucify Him.

Simon Pressed. 
Cross Carried.
Lifted Up - This is the King of the Jews.

Behold, your Mother.
It is Finished.

Serpent's Head Finally Crushed.

Joseph. Body. Wrapped.
New Tomb. 
Death
Silence.
Sabbath.

Sunday. 
Day Break - New World Dawning.

Women. Spices.
Tomb. Open.
Tomb. Empty.
Alive!

Second Chance.
New Hope.
Redemption!

Jesus Alive!

Until Next time, try to win one for the good guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment